….works in the visual arts as a Fine Artist, Designer & Illustrator,
Medical Artist, Art Demonstrator /Tutor and Writer!
*Since completing my postgraduate studies in Medical Art in 2008, I have been able to find the time to enjoy building a portfolio of artwork and exhibit my work as a Fine Artist!
- Medical Art (MAET); Awarded Professional Membership Medical Artists Association (MMAA).
- Registered Medical Illustration Practitioner (RMIP).
- B.A. (Hons) Design, specialising in Natural History and Scientific Illustration.
- Edexcel Level 3 BTEC Award Life Drawing
- OCNW Level 2 Award Life Drawing
- Registered Midwife
- Registered Nurse
- Barber Surgeons MAET Student Bursary.
- Member of the Assocation Europeenes des Illustrateurs Medicaux et Scientifiques
- Member of the Association of Illustrators
- Member of the Association of Medical Illustrators (USA)
- Selected to sit on the Fine Art Committee of Fine Art Trade Guild in 2011.
- Elected Member of the Fine Art Trade Guild in 2009.
- Member of the Medical Artists’ Association of Great Britain.
- Member of the Royal College of Midwives (RCM)
- Member of the Royal College of Nurses (RCN)
- Full Member of the Writers Guild
Societies and Groups:
- Chairman, a Founder Member & Trustee the Association of Animal Artists. July 2009 to present.
- Member of the Portrait Society of America.
- Member of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP)(USA).
- Solo Exhibition in the 2026 Exhibition Space at BBC Radio Lancashire in Blackburn, Lancashire. Aug/Sept 2011
- Solo Exhibition at The Northern, Didsbury, Manchester. Nov 2011 to Feb 2012
- Solo exhibition at Dee Fine Arts Gallery, Heswall on the Wirral. Dec 2010/ Jan 2011.
- ‘Meet, Learn, Celebrate’; Fine Art Trade Guild’s Art and Framing Convention, Elstree, Nr London. May 2012.
- Animal Art Fair 2011, Fulham Palace, London…in aid of Tusk Trust. May 2011
- ‘Art in the Park’, Lytham Hall, Lancashire. June 2011
- ‘Animal’ Art Exhibition at Browsholme Hall, Lancashire. Oct / Nov 2010:
- Association of Animal Artists; Woodlands Gallery, Ansdell, Lancashire. Feb 2012.
- Art of Giving Exhibition, Queens Elm Gallery, Chelsea, London in aid of Born Free Foundation and George Adamson Wildlife Preservation Trust. Oct 2009.
- Graham Budd Auctions in Association with Sotherby’s, New Bond Street, London. 2006.
- Joint Fine Art Exhibition; Samlesbury Hall, Lancashire. 1999.
- Association of Animal Artists; Castle Park Arts Centre, Frodsham. February/ March 2012.
- Association of Animal Artists; The Galleries, Samlesbury Hall, Lancashire. March/ April 2011.
- Association of Animal Artists; The Galleries, Samlesbury Hall, Lancashire. Oct 2010.
- Association of Animal Artists; The Galleries, Samlesbury Hall, Lancashire. April 2010.
- Association of Animal Artists; The Galleries, Samlesbury Hall, Lancashire. Sep 2009.
- ‘Absolutely Animal’ exhibitions from 2005 to 2008.
1] Regular Contributor (Artist & Writer) to Leisure Painter Magazine.
- ‘Painting Veg’, May 2012 issue of Leisure Painter Magazine.
- ‘How to find (and keep) inspiration for your arwork.’ August 2011. E Newsletter for Leisure Painter Magazine.
- ‘How to draw horses’, October 2011 issue of Leisure Painter Magazine.
- ‘How to draw and paint animals’, Summer 2011 issue of Leisure Painter Magazine.
- ‘A report on Derwent Tinted Charcoal Pencils’; Summer 2011 issue of Leisure Painter Magazine.
Teaching: Lectures & Workshops:
- ‘Art Workshop’ for Leisure Painter and The Artist Magazines using the new Derwent Artbar Range. Ribby Hall Village, Lancashire. 25th July 2012.
- Presentation and Art Demonstration; ‘My Life in Art‘ at Spring Fair International 2012 by invitation of the Fine Art Trade Guild. 8th Feb 2012.
- ‘Artist in Residence’; BBC Radio Lancashire. Running regular Art Workshops with interview live on air. 2011.
- BBC Master Class; ‘Portraiture’ with model, in front of invited audience (Fully Booked). Venue: 2026 Gallery, BBC Radio Lancashire. Advertised on BBC Shows and Tours. October 2011.
- Portrait Art Workshops; ‘Faces of Gilly’ (BBC Radio Presenter John Gillmore) at BBC Radio Lancashire. Interviewed ‘live on air’ during Art Workshops each week. Sept/ Oct 2011.
- Animal Art Workshops; ‘Faces of Gilly’ (BBC Radio Presenter John Gillmore) at BBC Radio Lancashire. Interviewed ‘live on air’ during Art Workshops each week. August 2011.
- Art Classes; ‘St Anne’s YMCA Art Group’ 2011/2012.
- Lecture on ‘Health Promotion, the role of medical art today’ at 4th Manchester International Clubfoot Conference Global Day.
- Interviewed by Presenter Andy Ball of BBC Radio Merseyside to promote Association of Animal Artists Exhibition at Castle Park Arts Centre, Frodsham, Cheshire. 25 Feb 2012.
- Interviewed by Presenter John Gillmore of BBC Radio Lancashire; talking about ‘My Life in Art’, 2011.
- Interviewed as part of panel on Sally Naden Show, BBC Radio Lancashire to promote Association of Animal Artists.
- ‘Cheetah on the run’, my oil painting; chosen as website ‘banner image’ of Fine Art Trade Guild. Jan 2011.
- Featured in August 2009 issue of Lancashire Life Magazine.